[ Date Index ]
[ Thread Index ]
[ <= Previous by date /
[ Next by date /
thread => ]
Re: [LUG] signal messaging app
- To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [LUG] signal messaging app
- From: Tom via list <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 11:37:04 +0000
- Delivered-to: dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=dclug.org.uk; s=1475831162; h=Sender:Content-Type:Reply-To:From:List-Subscribe:List-Help:List-Post:List-Unsubscribe:List-Id:Subject:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Date:Message-ID:References:To; bh=bk9QiL+wwaaqgcVH+FIchKIp06bMnj2gUpDhYzO+kbM=; b=x/+SwlhG6ULJQp4UHVVDG0QsmipqeXxINWe7EGY9BPAKMHuE2L1ncBZTR9bDwJx2d97Vqki8SCD1Wa59wErSSbN4SAigA8mrbeOW09KtjXKRZxl5eHFU7q1snsfxPtEsJi5vTN6ooDIc5mBnxobD/PKniVKEJKHUT7Wki6/BqSw=;
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=20161025; h=subject:to:references:from:message-id:date:user-agent:mime-version :in-reply-to; bh=q5GDZ/PYPmLBwLReo6jd5MHNMoOa5ZJcMPZecSS5c2A=; b=Rl1vH1roFGJakvIxlNQavyaW4xbnNRIJuZNI0cy9hSBhe78bdXie7fPek1DilGl96q oF4n+kAdRVM2gJpYeatsrBM7lZupfysdS84ERH3ZBHcIHm259mCGh4E3Lg4I/jGFN+kQ RVW0PC96zTvrFmGRhq296MIi5XATHTpSdDCadTWuvfo+1XjnxxCs91T+Ckm5Pws5K43s FLJU1qBT2MCCi+dwYoZ2/ojCfLtNhfADvryFW71NE2oa2Xt10lq/KSsheNaMzN7rv0oU 1L2rrb5lNUYgvn2TvyckvQrpyGjW0QZPgFi+A1NUnvUhzqIs5czvqyF0ovL07S4lETCo xZ3Q==
On 06/02/17 11:18, Gordon Henderson via
On Sun, 5 Feb 2017, Henry Bremridge via list wrote:
I'd guess you gave it permission to use your contacts list - so
it matches the phone numbers up et voila!
On Sun, Feb 05, 2017 at 06:16:45PM +0000,
Tom via list wrote:
Anyone using this at all?
I played with it for a while, then got thoroughly pissed off with
it when it started to message my phone at all hours when it
detected one of my contacts was also using it - inviting me to
connect with them via signal.
Other than waking me up during the night, how did it know my
contacts were using signal?
I've found the best way to use a phone is to turn all notifications
Have it on the phone, the problem is
network effects. Its only useful if
everyone uses it
I uninstalled it after they told me the only way to stop the
notification was to stop all notifications. Things may have
changed but I simply don't need it.
Tom te tom te tom
The Mailing List for the Devon & Cornwall LUG