[ Date Index ]
[ Thread Index ]
[ <= Previous by date /
[ Next by date /
thread => ]
Re: [LUG] Recommendations for low power proxy/NAS box
- To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [LUG] Recommendations for low power proxy/NAS box
- From: "M. J. Everitt via list" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2017 11:41:44 +0000
- Delivered-to: dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=dclug.org.uk; s=1475831162; h=Sender:Content-Type:Reply-To:From:List-Subscribe:List-Help:List-Post:List-Unsubscribe:List-Id:Subject:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Date:Message-ID:References:To; bh=XN2mVHzdR/JtFYnl5wNnSrDlHNuM+DZE4+u2q85YfvI=; b=kU/VWoE65yraAo50MMCPKZbes8/Hl4PEBlh/mdWLBLVBxuDhz8+75WOYkDO0EwQSwVkpssbT0jpYnIbLmQ6VcTMFpHw3rPP+eHXg/3b+tH/b0ZIv8BSVDSd7jOOWJEUHtLt3TuHi/F+4JNBizh/dQ5eFb6CE3zA3yId31HiIu+0=;
- Openpgp: id=BA266E0525CFAB101523351B4C30334F93C22371
On 04/01/17 11:20, Tom via list wrote:|
My other suggestion would be to knock up a cheapish Intel Celery
Dual-core ITX board in a cube ITX-type case, 2GB RAM, HDD .. of ya
go .. should be ~Â100 all-in. Have done a couple of these for print
servers/etc with a J1800 board but I think these were superseded.
On 04/01/17 11:15, M. J. Everitt via
On 04/01/17 11:00, Tom via list wrote:
Looking for something I can stick some USB drives into and do backups
to. I'd probably like to use it for repository proxy as well.
Seemed to have lost the ability to google these things!
Tom te tom te tom
USB3 I'm assuming, rather than SATA? What budget are you looking at?
Because for the money, the HP MicroServer's do take a bit of beating for
an x86_64 platform, and there are few ARM processors with USB3
backplanes as yet.
Otherwise, if you really don't care for bandwidth - there's an R-PI ;)
PS. North Devon folks .. we got a meeting this month? Sorry I couldn't
make it to last - work drama :(
I was hoping for well under Â100 - I'm using a pi -zero at the
moment and while it runs pretty well IO is getting to be a
concern. I'd love a Pi3 with decent IO but that seems to cost
Â100 more for no reason!
Tom te tom te tom
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
The Mailing List for the Devon & Cornwall LUG