Re: [LUG] Scam calls - again

On 20/12/16 15:33, Lists wrote:
> My first thoughts are that there are two possible explanations. The
> callers are using some clever set up to make the numbers look like
> normal UK numbers, or these scammers are actually in the UK. Has anyone
> on the list come across this at all?

I few months ago we had a lot of scam calls, some with UK looking
numbers, so I complained to BT. They said that the numbers were fake,
and actually originated outside the UK, but the caller ID codes gave
them UK numbers.

These days we've got new phones with Call Guardian on, so people calling
from numbers not in our contacts list have to identify who they are
before we answer. Scammers don't bother :)

Anthony
--
Author of C++ Concurrency in Action     http://www.stdthread.co.uk/book/
just::thread C++11 thread library             http://www.stdthread.co.uk