Re: [LUG] OT: Bicycle and electrics help

I got excited then because electric bikes are an interest of mine, but it looks like you're doing it backwards - and by the examples given (bubble machine) - probably for a fun practical experiment rather than the serious money-saving solution others have suggested you don't follow for genuine reasons.

I imagine a bubble machine would be quite low wattage, but you will need to do your sums and the research for yourself, I fear. Either you need to use a dc device and power it from a dc motor, or you're going to need to get into complicated AC/DC conversion territory, which is terrible for efficiency.

Also, some idea of your budget will help. If you're trying to do this for buttons, it's no good telling you to go and buy a bespoke wheel-driven DC generator of the right voltage to match with your newly bought DC bubble machine....

(Part of me wants to just bung anything potentially capable of generating DC to a little 12vdc -> 230vac invertor and plug something in just to see what happens, mind)