Re: [LUG] Ad blockers

Part of the problem is outsourcing of the advert supply and service. Adverts off the same machine are harder to block, track less, and are less likely to be slow and nasty. But the advertisers and their agents don't trust the site owners.

Opera were doing recomposition on their servers, I don't know where that went.

On Fri, 16 Sep 2016, 08:33 Tom, <madtom1999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 15/09/16 21:03, barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
<snip>
> I did once look at ITV's equivalent of iplayer. The wanted so much
> personal information that I refused to go ahead with it. They even
> wanted my DoB. Why for goodness sake, when I just wanted to be able to
> catch up with a missed program?
<snip>
DOB is 'required' so you don't watch programs only suitable for people
older than you!
It works - it really does!
Tom te tom te tom