Re: [LUG] Plymouth Uni

Hi John,

This is great to know. And, of course, the whole Digital Learning
Environment is open source, too, right? Hosted by University of
London. So, one of the main things our students and staff see from day
to day is open source.

I think what Rod, myself, and some others would like to see is more
acceptance of Linux as a platform for staff and student
users. Plymdesk, providing basically all staff desktops/laptops and
public workstations is Windows only, with a locked BIOS. Same for
applications. Office tools are exclusively Microsoft 365 and
OneDrive. Stats is SPSS. Technical computing is MATLAB.

Most administrative documents I receive from the university are in MS
Office formats.

Anyway, good to hear from you, and hope to see you at a future
Plymouth / Plymouth Uni LUG :-)

All the best

Andy Wills,
Psychology, Plymouth University