Re: [LUG] Anyone doing home IT support... (Torbay)

On Tue, 19 Jul 2016, mr meowski wrote:

Can't (won't) help those who can't (won't) help themselves...

POP vs IMAP is not a discussion I'm eager to relive yet again with another stubborn non-technical person. If he won't even listen to you, what chance is there? I wish him the best of luck. Maybe someone here is more patient than me.

I know what you're saying, but sadly he represents 99% of your typical SME and self-employed people.

He would listen to me, but he needs support and I've stopped doing home visits, etc. if I went over to him & re-configured his toys to use IMAP then he'd be happy, but I don't do home support anymore, so he feels he needs to find someone who will.

However thanks to the folks who emailed me their details - all passed on.

Cheers,

Gordon