Re: [LUG] Floppy was Re: bad: scheduling from the idle thread

On Saturday, 18 June 2016, Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Floppy on every desktop, I'd have them down as "no floppies", as a crude security measure. More reliable than all that ensure all removable media is encrypted if easier to bypass.

Concur. Possibly someone was persuaded Dell would charge extra for not fitting them.

Meanwhile, my machine declares it would accept a USB drive to flash its BIOS. I expect I'll do that. Â

This Liquorix kernel: I seem to be wandering away from mainstream if I do that. Am I likely to end up compiling my own? Should I grow a ponytail?Â

--
Adrian Midgley  http://defoam.net/ Âhttp://photo.defoam.net/