Re: [LUG] Video about Superfast Cornwall

On 14 June 2016 at 15:55, Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There was talk of FTTP, but I've not heard of anyone in Cornwall getting
> it.

Julian Cowans from the http://www.cornwalldevelopmentcompany.co.uk/
told me FTTP is available in towns like Bodmin.

Furthermore
https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/ductandpolesharing/ductandpolesharing.do
should enable one to cable upto the cabinet. But I think only BT offer
this service and cringe to think how much they charge.

If there were competitors to connect folks with fibre, I would love to
get some quotes for the 1.xkm to the cabinet.

I'm also wondering why I haven't heard of any "WISPS". Folks supplying
Internet from cabinets wirelessly say.

Kind regards,