Re: [LUG] Video about Superfast Cornwall

Kai Hendry wrote:

> Are you on FTTC "superfast" with an "impacted line" like myself?
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLfF0FEkYFw

I've upgrade to the FTTC VDSL thing, I get 80/20 less small overhead,
which is what I pay for, burt this is standard BT FTTC roll out in Devon.

> I think something like Â132m has been spent on the "big build" so far
> and I can't help but feel it's a scandal. Maybe it's just me?

There needs to be some investigation to see if there is value for money..

Looks like BT accelerated the FTTC for Cornwall, and repurposed an
existing undersea cable to bring decent broadband to the Isles of Scilly.
But otherwise I see very little that isn't BT as normal business practice.
There was talk of FTTP, but I've not heard of anyone in Cornwall getting
it.