Re: [LUG] Experience the PiZero for £15

On Thu, 26 May 2016, lug@xxxxxx wrote:

I think the RPF have made a mistake with pricing the Zero so cheaply.
If you are short of supply pricing something very low just means you
are giving away money to traders and speculators who buy the limited
stock at Â5 and then sell it on ebay for Â15 or more with a few extras.

They could have priced it at Â10-Â12 and still sold all the production
they have made so far as it still would have been cheap compared to the
regular Pi's. Just doesn't make sense to me.

I think it might be quite a while before we see these regularly
in-stock anywhere at Â5.

The Zero is in-stock and has been for a few days (weeks?) now at places like Pimoroni.

I don't think they made a mistake at all. Good on them. It just shows what can be done if you try hard.

Gordon