Re: [LUG] Zeitgeist

On 16/05/16 19:17, mr meowski wrote:

Be double careful here, if I remember rightly doing:

sudo apt-get remove zeitgeist*

will drag in all kinds of major dependencies including gedit, nautilus
and potentially bits of your session manager, especially if you're
running with Unity for some inexplicable reason.

sudo apt-get remove zeitgeist zeitgeist-core zeitgeist-datahub

This more specific command removes it without accidentally uninstalling
half of your operating system according to my bash history.

Cheers

For the moment I have just removed it from the list of auto starts, so it is simply not running. That seemed, for now, the safest thing to do.

Neil