Re: [LUG] Raspberry Pi File Server

On Sat, 14 May 2016, Richard Brown wrote:

On 14 May 2016 at 11:29, Gordon Henderson <gordon+lug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Here is what I do: I use small Atom systems with SATA drives and Gb Ethernet
to act as fileservers for my SOHO LAN.

Thanks for the reply. What Atom system would you recommend please if I
went down that route? I have numerous drives I can connect so it is
just buying the system.

No idea. Not bought one for a few years. I last used some mictoITX boards that has multiple SATA ports.

e.g. boards like these:

https://linitx.com/category/intel-atom/1010

When it comes to replacing mine, I suspect I might look at HP Microservers first though.

Gordon