Re: [LUG] Boot Messages

On 11/05/16 13:23, Neil Stone wrote:
Or use scroll lock... which is what it was intended for.

On 11 May 2016 13:21, "Ben Whorwood" <ml-devcornlinuxgrp@xxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:ml-devcornlinuxgrp@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    It's been a while since I tried but you should be able to pause boot
    up by pressing Pause on your keyboard (around Print Screen, Scroll
    Lock, etc) and then resume by pressing Enter. This should allow you
    to note down or photograph the error message.

    You should be able to change a Fastboot (or similar) setting in the
    BIOS which will in effect make the boot up process slower and allow
    you more time to check for error messages. Another one to look for
    will be to disable logos or images which hide POST messages.

    Another alternative would be to video when the computer is booting
    and then rewind and pause on the frame showing the error message
    (*low tech*).

    Thanks,
    Ben

Thanks for all the help. I did not realise that such a message would not be stored on the HD. Anyway, it came up again just now and I was quick enough to read it.

Neil