Re: [LUG] Cloud backup

On 07/05/2016 22:33, Adrian Midgley wrote:
> That has a huge failure mode, given what you backup against, and more
> subtle nasties such as encrypting ransom malware

I concur with Adrian
One of the engineering firms I work for has servers backed up by
synchronisation of the servers to back ups  at three separate sites (UK,
USA, Japan). However we also run two back ups MANUALLY  in UK and
elsewhere by taking a back up to tape (two sets, routinely changed each
two weeks).
Thus we have off site tape known good copies one a month old and one two
weeks old.
This is to have a recovery GOOD manual re-install copy outside our
'synchronised' servers to avoid the auto-synchronisation of servers with
'corruption'.

--
regards
Eion MacDonald