Re: [LUG] Cloud backup

That has a huge failure mode, given what you backup against, and more subtle nasties such as encrypting ransom malwareÂ

On Sunday, 8 May 2016, <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Now that I have this new desktop computer I want to get things done properly. This applies especially to back ups. I have been doing some research into this. There are various choices, as usual.

I would like said backups to work in sync so that a change to a file on my HD would automatically update the backed up version too. Some of the cloud schemes do this. Others seem to be more for sharing files with other people.

What sort of schemes are used by list members? Any advice please?

Neil

Adrian Midgley  http://defoam.net/ Âhttp://photo.defoam.net/