Re: [LUG] Installing Distro and Dropbox

On 29/02/16 07:58, Richard Brown wrote:
Hi Guys

I am trying to install Linux on a Thinkpad T420. The computer has a 120gb ssd and a 500gb hard drive replacing the dvd drive.

I am using the second hard drive to install Dropbox on. I use it for movies and GoPro footage editing.

My initial install was Ubuntu Mint but it kept crashing the Dropbox install. I couldn't access the applet or anything. Everytime I rebooted it would tell me Dropbox wasn't connected but when I reconnected it wouldn't connect. I reinstalled but this didn't work.

I'm going to install Mate today but before I do I thought I would ask for any recommendations on Linux installs and possible ideas on the Dropbox problem.

Thanks
--
Kind regards

Richard Brown
Youth and Community Worker
07747 343637

Could this be because the Dropbox drive isn't mounted? If you are booting from the ssd then the other drive will not mount automatically. I have a lot of music, photos and books on a 500 GB disc drive but have my Mint distro and small stuff on an ssd. I then set up some links on the desktop to my music etc. but I had to set up the 500 GB to mount at boot, in /etc/fstab. Try mounting the second drive before using Dropbox and see if it cures your problem.

George.