Re: [LUG] Parrallella available in UK

Sounds really interesting.

How did it work out performance wise? Did it exceed your expectations? What kind of hardware were you running?

I have often wondered about the potential of clusters vs modern processors (i7, etc) for certain applications. Based on your experience do you feel older hardware as a cluster could be a viable option for web hosting or similar? Thinking along the lines of reuse rather than recycle and giving the old stuff a worthwhile job.

Could be additional applications for IoT with all the data being collected from various sensors and such. All rather useless unless the data can be processed and meaningful information produced.