Re: [LUG] Parrallella available in UK

On 15/01/16 10:53, Ben Whorwood wrote:
> Please let us know if / when you get round to giving them a go as
> would be really interested in hearing your experiences and what
> kind of difference they make for certain applications.

We did build a small cluster at a Exeter Lug meeting once, we
calculated Pi.

Malcolm from the Exeter lug (and possibly here) helped with this.

North Devon Tech jam sounds good, The Cornwall jam is organised with
software Cornwall,  Is there a similar group in Devon? who we can get
on board with. ?

Paul

> Have there been any Beowulf clusters or similar set up as part of
> the southerly tech jams at all? Potential good / interesting use of
> old hardware (I certainly have a few parts lying around which I
> could contribute). Could "race" it against the Parallella Epiphany
> III...
>
> On 15/01/16 10:34, Tom wrote:
>> On 15/01/16 10:29, Ben Whorwood wrote:
>>> Looks interesting, thanks for the link.
>>>
>>> I wonder if it could be a good thing to get in for one of the
>>> Cornwall or Devon tech jams so people could experiment with any
>>> parallel processing applications they've been developing. Could
>>> remotely dial in and give it a go.

>> I've got two but I haven't got round to playing with them due to
>> them being a year late when I got them and now my man-shed not
>> being up and running. If we could organise a north devon tech
>> jam,.... Tom te tom te tom

- --
http://www.zleap.net
t: @zleap14  diaspora : zleap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx