Re: [LUG] Yahoo, was: Web based emails

On Saturday, 24 October 2015, <lug@xxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 24 Oct 2015 12:50:03 +0000, Martijn Grooten
<martijn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Not too sure on this. Both my partner and step-daughter have Yahoo Mail
accounts and I have received spam in the last month or so pretending to
be from them although actually originating elsewhere. I assumed
that their Yahoo Mail address books were compromised sometime in the
past although how long ago that was who knows?

Not a reasonable assumption.

--
Adrian MidgleyÂÂ http://www.defoam.net/