Re: [LUG] Web based emails

On 22/10/15 16:18, Neil Winchurst wrote:
I have been looking at my computer set up at home, and I have decided
that some tidying up is in order. One thing that definitely needs
sorting out is my emails.

I have a personal web site and use it for emails, with various account
names.  A lot of these are for web sites that I access just
occasionally, eg Amazon, Healthspan, photo.net, Book Depository  and
many more. (Am I alone in this?) Most sites which require some form of
registration ask for a valid email address.

Anyway, it has occurred to me that it would be useful to have a free
web mail account set up for such items. This  would leave my normal
email site less cluttered, and also keep all such emails out of the
way in one place.

So I have been looking around the web for a good one, IMAP being
preferred, and of course there are just so many. I definitely do not
want gmail, yahoomai, AOL mail etc. So I am hoping for some guidance
with this.

Is this a good idea? Can anyone suggest a good email site for this? One
I came across was yandex, which looked good but turned out to be based
in Russia, which may or may not matter.

Thanks

Neil

How about setting up your own domain and have a cheap ISP host the email for it? Most ISPs will let you have ~20 addresses as part of the bundle. You'll get access to a control panel that will allow you to add/remove address at will.

Martin