Re: [LUG] VPN

On 27/09/15 14:08, Martijn Grooten wrote:
> Oh, but I don't disagree with you about whether you should trust
> Ghostery - I agree you shouldn't. I just don't think the reason for not
> trusting them shouldn't be because they're owned by an ad company.

Well, when you put it look like that I can't really argue with the
logic. Maybe I should have said "you'd be well advised to be a little
more suspicious than usual when evaluating anti-tracking software which
is distributed by an ad company". Bit more cumbersome but more accurate.
Technically of course you're right - who knows, one day the best privacy
software out there might be made by a well known ad company (a reformed
google perhaps?)... weirder things have happened.

Cheers