Re: [LUG] VPN

It's really not worth the effort, just make your browser filter scripts, flash, ads and just be happy with that.

Perhaps have an alterego for your internet use

On 24 Sep 2015 12:01 pm, "Neil Winchurst" <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 24 Sep 2015 11:35:09 +0100
jah <jah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 23/09/15 16:35, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> > Is a VPN a good idea, mainly to help with personal security?
> >
> > Neil
> >
> It's impossible to say, without you making plain which threats you
> wish to protect yourself from. You might be interested in some NSA
> documents [1] about large-scale VPN exploitation, published by Der
> Spiegel in December.
>
> jah
>
> [1]:
> http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/nsa-documents-attacks-on-vpn-ssl-tls-ssh-tor-a-1010525.html
> "Attacks on VPN"

Wow. A lot of reading, will check it out later. I just want to try to
keep any logs on my internet activity as limited as possible. I just
think it is my business, and no one else's.

I have not yet checked out my ISP about what they log, will do so soon.
It can't hurt to use a VPN can it? I am just wondering if there is not
much point to it all.

Neil