Re: [LUG] SSD reliability

On 2015-08-01 07:56, George Parker wrote:

http://linux.slashdot.org/story/15/07/30/1814200/samsung-finds-fixes-bug-in-linux-trim-code

Not really sure how that relates to SSD reliability. I've been using SSDs on various Windows machines and I've only known of one completely fail and another just not work with a laptop.

This issue appears to be more specific, even using an SSD on Linux doesn't appear to be the issue here rather using an SSD on Linux using Software RAID 0 or Software Raid 1+0 so maybe less of an issue overall.

Still it's good it's been spotted I guess.

Rob