[LUG] Managing multiple Linux clients.

I'm looking at methods of managing (updating, configuring, and ideally imaging) around 45 Raspberry Pis. Chef and Puppet are the obvious options. I've never used Chef and am very new to Puppet so am not especially invested in either yet.

Any thoughts on methods to proceed or good tips for starting with Chef/Puppet? I use WSUS and group policies on Windows, and ARD for Mac easily enough, but have always managed my Linux installations separately.

Cheers,
Mark.