Re: [LUG] C4OD - anyone got this working?

On 09/07/15 23:19, Dan Smith wrote:
When I first got 4OD working, I used this guide to get HAL working and
4OD seemed to work fine from there.

http://blog.terranux.net/2014/04/how-to-get-4od-to-work-on-ubuntu-14-04-trusty/

Dan

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 8:30 PM, Tom <madtom1999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:madtom1999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 09/07/15 20:24, bad apple wrote:

        On 09/07/15 19:19, Tom wrote:

            On 09/07/15 19:15, bad apple wrote:

                On 09/07/15 18:51, Tom wrote:

                    Trying to get Channel4 video on demand working -
                    cant seem to get it
                    going on Linux* - any tips anyone?
                    Xubuntu 14.04
                    Tom te tom te tom

                https://github.com/i-rinat/freshplayerplugin

                Easy install instructions via PPA here:

http://www.webupd8.org/2014/05/install-fresh-player-plugin-in-ubuntu.html

                Cheers

            Its not that - doesn't work on chrome either. ALl seems fine
            just get
            the spinning hoop all the time
            Tom te tom te tom

        To explain further, the bit you're missing is:

        "The most important change in this release is obviously the
        implementation of Flash DRM interface however, Pepper Flash that's
        bundled with Google Chrome has the DRM-related code disabled on
        Linux so
        to use this, you need to extract Pepper Flash from Chrome OS,
        and that's
        a pretty tedious process (instructions available here).

        Furthermore, to get the Flash DRM interface to work, you must add
        "enable_3d = 1" to the freshwrapper.conf file or else you'll get
        a black
        video, even on non-DRM content."

        http://www.webupd8.org/2015/01/fresh-player-plugin-sees-new-release.html

        Cheers!

    Ah well I guess I'll just get it from the dark side.,..

Cheers - that seems to get it playing but my BB is so slow its unwatchable - even a 5 in the morning! So to the darkside...
Tom te tom te tom