Re: [LUG] C4OD - anyone got this working?

When I first got 4OD working, I used this guide to get HAL working and 4OD seemed to work fine from there.

http://blog.terranux.net/2014/04/how-to-get-4od-to-work-on-ubuntu-14-04-trusty/

Dan

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 8:30 PM, Tom <madtom1999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 09/07/15 20:24, bad apple wrote:
On 09/07/15 19:19, Tom wrote:
On 09/07/15 19:15, bad apple wrote:
On 09/07/15 18:51, Tom wrote:
Trying to get Channel4 video on demand working - cant seem to get it
going on Linux* - any tips anyone?
Xubuntu 14.04
Tom te tom te tom

https://github.com/i-rinat/freshplayerplugin

Easy install instructions via PPA here:

http://www.webupd8.org/2014/05/install-fresh-player-plugin-in-ubuntu.html

Cheers

Its not that - doesn't work on chrome either. ALl seems fine just get
the spinning hoop all the time
Tom te tom te tom

To explain further, the bit you're missing is:

"The most important change in this release is obviously the
implementation of Flash DRM interface however, Pepper Flash that's
bundled with Google Chrome has the DRM-related code disabled on Linux so
to use this, you need to extract Pepper Flash from Chrome OS, and that's
a pretty tedious process (instructions available here).

Furthermore, to get the Flash DRM interface to work, you must add
"enable_3d = 1" to the freshwrapper.conf file or else you'll get a black
video, even on non-DRM content."

http://www.webupd8.org/2015/01/fresh-player-plugin-sees-new-release.html

Cheers!

Ah well I guess I'll just get it from the dark side.,..