Re: [LUG] Multi head with Jessie.

On 28/06/15 06:41, Adrian Midgley wrote:
> Thanks.
> Given up on Nouveau for now.
> Running with the long duration driver from NVIDIA rather than the short
> one as above.
>
> Iceweasel does some segfaults and there is at least one page that
> provoked a hang of the whole system, but mostly it is a joy to use.
>
> The speed from a small SSD for system disk, and the big graphics card is
> very welcome.

You're obviously quite happy with a more conservative system (probably
wise) but for what it's worth, now I've stabilised my system and purged
a bunch of dodgy cairo/freetype patches I've switched back to the
xorg-edgers PPA for my Nvidia drivers - rock solid and all the latest
features for those who care. I specifically need the latest drivers for
CUDA and GPGPU related monkey business: I wouldn't necessarily recommend
xorg-edgers or anything else not officially sanctioned and released by
your distro maintainers otherwise.

ghost@failbot:~$ dpkg -l | grep nvidia | grep -v rc
ii  nvidia-352
352.21-0ubuntu0~xedgers14.04.1
amd64        NVIDIA binary driver - version 352.21
ii  nvidia-opencl-icd-352
352.21-0ubuntu0~xedgers14.04.1
amd64        NVIDIA OpenCL ICD
ii  nvidia-prime                                  0.6.2
                                               amd64        Tools to
enable NVIDIA's Prime
ii  nvidia-settings
352.21-0ubuntu0~xedgers14.04.1
amd64        Tool for configuring the NVIDIA graphics driver

Cheers