Re: [LUG] Home "cloud" server

On Mon, 11 May 2015 16:23:56 +0100, Tel Bonic <telbonic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>I see there is a recent thread discussing what distro to choose for a
>home server, but this thread isn't the same.  Is nobody interested in
>this?

I have set-up owncloud in the past (late last year so not sure if v7 or
v8) but found the web interface to be a bit fiddly and too slow for
browsing my media collection (3tb video, 400gb music, 100gb photos)
although that was at least in part down to inadequate hardware.

The web interface could be useful if you want to access your data when
away from home and are happy with the security implications but that
isn't currently something I want to do.

Kevin