Re: [LUG] GoPro editing

If you value your sanity, no chance.

Video processing largely depends on the CPU. Final Cut Pro can accelerate that with GPU optimisation, e.g. the Mercury Quartz Engine but you're otherwise wanting something with a decent processor and lots of RAM, particularly for HD footage.

A fast disc is also important. SSDs will wear faster with the number of writes but if you use a spinning disc, don't use anything less than 7200 RPM. Creative houses typically use eSata RAID drives or a SAN but that's less useful in the field.