[LUG] GoPro editing

Hi Guys

As you might or might not be aware I am a community organiser and I spend a lot of time in the field. I use a GoPro and often try to create videos on the fly. The laptop I was using has died and it really was too big with not enough space. I am wondering whether a Pi2 with a 7" touchscreen would be man enough to edit the footage. If not is there a small laptop someone would recommend. I have a Nexus 9 that I am trying to use but having problems getting the video on to the tablet.

Any thoughts please?

Thanks

Rich