[LUG] Samba

Hi all
It has been a long time since i posted here and only seem to do so when I'm up th creek....sorry.
Anyway I recently changed my distro from Ubuntu to Debian because the people who develop software for my cnc machine have taken a fancy to debian. In Ubuntu I had a nice little LAN set up between home and workshop.  Now I cannnot for the life of me get Samba to work there are no easy GUIs. I want nothing fancy, just to share files between linux boxes no passwords, no security.  if I was to post my samba config file could some body please tell me where I am going wrong?
Thanx
Aaron

Tel: 01209 890084
Mob: 07805686188