Re: [LUG] Raspberry Pi Portable Power

On Fri, 3 Apr 2015 20:44:56 +0100, Dan Smith <dan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Good Evening folks,
>
>I am tempted in getting a Raspberry Pi A+ at the moment and am
>wondering what sort of portable power bank would be up to the job of
>powering the Pi, along with some HATs such as the Unicorn HAT etc.
>
>Any recommendations?

I have one of the no-name "phone backup" batteries off Ebay with both 1A
and 2.1A USB outputs so able to power the Pi + some not too power
hungry accessories. Not sure of the rating off-hand. I have used it
with an old Model B + Pi camera for time lapse photos and seem to recall
it was good for about 10-12 hours.

Kevin