Re: [LUG] Server / Network monitoring

On 2015-03-23 21:05, Gibbs wrote:
I can't offer any advice (I'm looking for an alternative to Zabbix that isn't nagios). I'm thinking along the lines of collectd or graphite to
get the stats and developing something very basic inhouse (to draw
graphs and send alerts).

Zabbix is very easy to setup initially - including agents - but
practically everything gets done through the web interface. The boredom is excruciating (click, click, hunt) - it might be some peoples cup of
tea but for me its mind blowingly tedious.

Gibbs

I actually didn't mind the web interface configuration, I just couldn't get my head around setting up monitoring. I might have another look at it in more detail. Thanks for the advice anyway, if I don't get anywhere with Zabbix I'll keep looking... I have just found OpenNMS which looks interesting too although I can't tell if it has a Windows client (although I'm sure someone might have a workaround if there isn't a client available).

Rob