Re: [LUG] Server / Network monitoring

I can't offer any advice (I'm looking for an alternative to Zabbix that
isn't nagios). I'm thinking along the lines of collectd or graphite to
get the stats and developing something very basic inhouse (to draw
graphs and send alerts).

Zabbix is very easy to setup initially - including agents - but
practically everything gets done through the web interface. The boredom
is excruciating (click, click, hunt) - it might be some peoples cup of
tea but for me its mind blowingly tedious.

Gibbs