Re: [LUG] Windows 10 on the pi2

On Tue, 24 Feb 2015 09:38:40 +0000, Roland Tarver
<roland.tarver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Hi folks,
>
>Everyone has probably already spotted this, but...
>
>https://dev.windows.com/en-us/featured/raspberrypi2support
>
>I wonder if MS have suddenly thought "o bugger, a generation of kids
>hacking on something other than windows"?
>
>I certainly hope the pi foundation and MS don't become close bed
>fellows. I'm guessing not.

I would think that the Pi Foundation is more interested in getting kids
to learn computing skills rather than pushing open source values.

This seems like a smart move by MS which looks like it will be a
different beast under Satya Nadella than it was under that idiot
Ballmer.

Windows 10 is going to be effectively free for personal use if you have
Vista, 7 or 8 to upgrade from which most people not subscribing to
this list will have.

Kevin