Re: [LUG] Windows 10 on the pi2

On Tue, 24 Feb 2015, Roland Tarver wrote:

Hi folks,

Everyone has probably already spotted this, but...

https://dev.windows.com/en-us/featured/raspberrypi2support

I wonder if MS have suddenly thought "o bugger, a generation of kids hacking on something other than windows"?

I certainly hope the pi foundation and MS don't become close bed fellows. I'm guessing not.

Why not? Remember the foundation is all about education - the Pi hardware is just a means to an end.

However if you look more into the storys, etc. then you'll see that this isn't really Win10, but the Internet of Things version - more like the sort of tablet code than a full blown version of Win10.

So nothing wrong with hacking on windows - as long as it's hackable (in the programming, interfacing sense that is)

Gordon