Re: [LUG] Energy Monitoring

On 17/01/15 15:50, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Sat, 17 Jan 2015, Tom wrote:

I have solar (and an old mechanical meter) so if anyone knows of a
monitor that can read backwards I'd be interested to hear about it,

If you have a meter with a spinny disc, then you need a sensor (Ir LED +
detector) that can detect the large black mark on the disc. With 2 such
sensors you can tell which way the disc is going - same as a shaft
encoder or mechanical mouse. You just need some clever software.

Also read this -

http://www.which.co.uk/energy/creating-an-energy-saving-home/guides/feed-in-tariffs-explained/meters-running-backwards/

If your supply co. get wind of you have an old meter than can go
backwards they may change it out sooner than you want (but you have no
choice in the matter)

Gordon

My meter wont read backwards alas! Its digital but not modern.
I cant find a monitor that can read backwards at a reasonable price - they all seem to want a huge amount of money to add a - to the thing!
Tom te tom te tom