Re: [LUG] Scam emails - to myself??

On 2015-01-18 13:44, Martijn Grooten wrote:
On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 12:26:04PM +0000, NW wrote:
So I am just wondering, is this really something new, or is it just that
we have never been the target before?
It is a very old trick.

Also sometimes it is sent from your email with a different name, so unless your mail clients exposes the email every time, you might have more of this than you thought.

Use to find it very easy to filter when that was part of the day job, at least where I could be sure that domains email should only come from trusted servers. So you could still email yourself, but only if you used one of the servers suppose to send email for that domain.