[LUG] Scam emails - to myself??

I do occasionally send an email to myself for test purposes. However I
have suddenly started receiving emails, supposedly from myself. I know
that I have not sent any such mails for a long time.

I do get quite a lot of rubbish mails, of course, don't we all. But
this is something new. When I mentioned it to my wife she said that she
has also been getting emails, supposedly  from herself.

So I am just wondering, is this really something new, or is it just that
we have never been the target before?

Neil