Re: [LUG] Cornwall Raspberry Pi Users Group...

>> Gordon
>>
> Good points, well made.  Unfortunately there is no way to make a
> Facebook Group public, you can however with a page.  So there is a
> little more work to do there.  Unfortunately you got to the Twitter
> page before I purged all my old nonsense, it can take up to 12
> hours for Tweetdelete to do it, sorry my bad.  To honest I am not a
> fan of Faceache, but it is a popular medium and if you want to set
> up a public event it is an effective way of doing so.  So I will
> work on a publicly accessible page.  It is still very early days on
> this.

Hi John,

How about eventbrite, ( https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/ ) the nice thing
about that is

a) free
b) you can set up free tickets or at cost tickets
c) you can reserve tickets

You don't need facebook / twitter to get tickets,  may be good if you
want to reach out to all age groups,  and members of the lug who don't
want to use facebook,  you can put links to the eventbrite page on
facebook as well as twitter but see below.

As you're part of the lug we can set up a page on the lug site to host
information,  and adjust what is on the site to suit.

The lug blog auto posts to
twitter, g+ , facebook and linkedIn,  I am sure Grant will be happy to
include the events on the lug calender, too.

The Torbay Pi jam was booked in advance for the whole of 2014.  we had
quiet times and like Saturday this month, busy, so if you are doing
this then maybe it is worth booking in advance,  so people know that
it is a regular event, plan ahead and can put dates in their organiser
well ahead.

Not sure if we should have the dcglug as a sort of central hub for all
things like this,  as there is lots of useful info on the pages and
Tom Brough has done an excellent job writing articles on different
types of
sort methods

We are then using what is already established and make it better,
rather than having several websites,  social media accounts all doing
the same thing,

Hope this helps

Paul

> I was not aware of anything that had gone on previously in
> Penzance.  I am sad to hear it had failed.  But this is something I
> have to try.
>
> I'd love to be able to get to the Torbay and Exeter Jams, but they
> are just too far to warrant the travelling I am afraid, not sure
> I'd make it in my old Volkswagen.  I am well aware of the problems
> with Cornwall geographically, but hopefully I will be able to find
> somewhere that can accommodate a Jam that is reasonably central.
>
> Personally I'd be happy if kids were involved.  Even if they are
> just messing around with ideas.  My 9 year old's christmas present
> will be building a homebrew Ambilight clone for her Openelec media
> centre, small beans I know but it is something simple and easy to
> get her teeth into as a first project.
>
> So if anyone is interested, feel free to contact me.
>
> John Veryan.

- --
http://www.zleap.net
@zleap14  diaspora : zleap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx