[LUG] 20140915 Advice on VPN

Dear folks,
20140915 Advice on VPN

I do some tutoring at local centre for Job Centre referrals in IT.
Centre computers are slow (bandwidth share, old systems, no
downloading). Sometimes I use my own machine over their WiFi (better
speed, and it accepts and can show downloading etc.
System used is Windows 7 or a OpenSUSE or SLAX (Kiosk set up) in a
Virtual Machine on the Windows & set up.

As centre has many on Wifi and it is an open set up (password access but
no encryption! So I can see all others and they me), I feel I should set
up a VPN.

Any advice, and how to get it to play nicely with the VMs on my machine?
Thanks in advance

--
regards
Eion MacDonald