Re: [LUG] Nexus 10 + Cyanogonmod

Okay. Come to think of it. You definitely should have wiped the device entire before installing cyanogenmod.
In Phillz it is called "wipe to install new ROM" or something.
Definitely wipe those cache partitions too.
Wiping cache partitions is a safe action. They will be repopululated.
If the version of cyanogenmod is for your exact model number and you wipe current install, wipe caches, you should be good to go.
As your nexus is a Samsung, ODIN or Heimdal will save your bacon if you have truly trashed the current install.

Shame your having such a time of it. The Samsung S series has been fairly painless for me. The worst has been the Asus transformer series in my experience. Asus do this thing where they provide a sanctioned boot unlock tool. Which discourages the community from bothering to crack the boot loader. Well what happens when refurb devices' MAC addresses aren't amended in the database? The now heinous, net-aware boot-loader unlock tool has become an impenetrable lock in itself. To my shame my dad has owned two such refurb Asus transformers (one the newer model). Both rooted, but without the unlocker, stuck on stock. There are many other reported cases of this online. Some people have managed to get Taiwan to update the database, some have had local Asus shops replace the motherboards. None without great hassle.