[LUG] Nexus 10 + Cyanogonmod

Just had my first ever Nexus delivered (sadly still not for me, this one
is a present too, for my parents this time) and I'm going to set it up
for them to take on holiday. Because I'm an idiot and didn't bother to
check, it's surprisingly not supported by the normal cyanogenmod
installer although there are nightly and beta builds available so I'm
reading up on it at the moment.

Anyone else already done this, and if so, any advice? Apart from setting
up numerous iPads for people, I have basically zero experience with
tablets so I'm a proper amateur here. I doubt it will take me very long
to figure it out but any recommendations for best practices, handy hints
and essential apps to get would be much appreciated.

Cheers