Re: [LUG] Show two sequences of images approximately in step

On 29 Aug 2014, at 03:54, bad apple <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 29/08/14 03:10, Joseph Bennie wrote:
>> I thought it would be interesting so i built an html5 tool  - I just published it
>> here http://www.cruxppc.com
>>
>> ignore the url, I never got around to doing anything with it - and it was handy:
>> ) the tool is the default page.
>
> Cool, while it lasted...
>
> There is some serious javascript debugging needed here - loading the
> second set of images on the 'right' immediately spiked my firefox
> instance to the point where I'm going to have to kill it as I shut off
> my machine for the night.

interesting - i wasn’t able to recreate find the bug (but don’t have time this
morning to look at it) -. the function make use of the files-api - which is still a
fairly new api in most browsers. but it does sound like a loop going wrong.

anyway - i’ve put it on https://github.com/jbennie/DCLug_ImageViewer_widget

happy to add anyone who wants to improve it / add functions as a author - just send
me  you git id.

> ghost@failbot:~$ top | grep firefox
> 5187 ghost      6   0 2754252 1.182g  86392 R 101.1  7.6  83:12.82 firefox
>
> Not bad though, this'll be production ready in another 30. Dr Midgeley
> owes you a beer.

+1