Re: [LUG] Diaspora

On Thu, 28 Aug 2014, Joseph Bennie wrote:

On 28 Aug 2014, at 11:48, Gordon Henderson <gordon+lug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 27 Aug 2014, Paul Sutton wrote:

Well I am sure between the Lug which is what over 200 people we can
between us come up with something on this.

We tried with opendevon. It failed. Remember?

The mailing list is the only place I ever see collaboration work!  and the pub :)

I think that's it in a nutshell. The mailing list *is* DCLUG, so why do we need more collaborative tools, file sharing, photo uploading, etc.

Want to share photos without adverts or having them shrunk, etc.? Pay £3 a month for your own private VPS. Same for files, etc. or use github, the various pastebins, etc.

No-doubt the current server could host a "pastebin" server, and host a simple photo server, but who's going to look after it. e.g. I had to shut down my own little link shortening service because it had been abused by spammers )-:

Gordon