Re: [LUG] Skype version

On 09/08/14 16:58, bad apple wrote:

> The Microsoft employees coding Skype obviously don't like supporting
> certain platforms, including OSX and predictably, Linux.

And Windows Phone 7... and it was only older OSX.

I suspect they are wondering why they are working hard to make a secure
Skype to run on unsupported platforms, which have bigger security issues
to worry about. Although strictly Windows Phone 7 has another month to live.

I too am perpetually surprised they keep the Linux version, but I
dropped it for personal use when I discovered they had dropped the
Debian repositories. Work still use it, but we are working to "fix" that.