Re: [LUG] Lasercutters

On 09/08/14 22:16, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> a bunch of really informative stuff

Now you've kind of put me off. I know that I want one of these, but I do
NOT want the sort of hassle you've been dealing with. I'm pretty
confident, but "I had to unsolder that and buy a full-size one" are not
words I want to see. I can probably do that, but I don't want to. I'm a
software guy, not a hardware guy, and if I spend a lot of money on some
cutting edge awesome tool I categorically do not want to have to take a
soldering iron or even a screwdriver to it to make it deliver even 50%
of what is promised on the blurb. Screw that.

Irritatingly, my subconscious is still nagging me. Cut stuff. With
lasers. Buy a laser cutter. You know you want one.

I'm probably going to take another 12 month rain check on this. There is
a whole lot of insanely awesome things that I check up on every year or
so to see if they've got realistic (like solar panels: I got them a few
years ago just before the government kick backs expired) and more often
than not, I'm disappointed. Flying cars, etc.

To disarm my materialistic desires, I simply reloaded the page a couple
of times:

Operating System: Windows XP (only)

Are you kidding me?

Cheers