Re: [LUG] Disposable emails

On Thu, 07 Aug 2014 13:18:22 +0100
Julian Hall <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Neil,
>
> A friend of mine uses Ten Minute Mail -
> http://10minutemail.com/10MinuteMail/index.html for all such issues.
> As I own my domain I tend to use specific addresses such as
> shopping@, linux@ etc, which keeps my primary email account away from
> spammers, an dit also means if one does attract a lot of spam I can
> bin it and use a different one. Obviously that option isn't available
> to those without their own domain though.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Julian

I do have my own domain, two in fact, so I did wonder if that would be
the way to go. But then I would be revealing my domain name, just with
a different front part (xxxx@ for example). The bit after the @ would
be my domain name. Using some of the ones on the web would not reveal
my domain name, so for example xxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Neil