Re: [LUG] Disposable emails

On 07/08/14 12:44, Neil Winchurst wrote:
I have been getting more and more rubbish emails recently. I just
delete them from the junk folder of course, but it is getting tiresome.
I think that some of the problem is caused by so many sites insisting on
an email address when all you want to do is look around their site,
maybe to buy something, maybe not. But once they have your address the
unwanted offers start to arrive.

I have come across a mention of disposable email addresses. Having
looked around a bit I can see that it could be a good idea. Give such
an email address to sites that insist and if unwanted emails start to
appear just delete the address.

Has anyone on the list any comments about this please?

Thanks

Neil

Hi Neil,

A friend of mine uses Ten Minute Mail - http://10minutemail.com/10MinuteMail/index.html for all such issues. As I own my domain I tend to use specific addresses such as shopping@, linux@ etc, which keeps my primary email account away from spammers, an dit also means if one does attract a lot of spam I can bin it and use a different one. Obviously that option isn't available to those without their own domain though.

Kind regards,

Julian